In the retail industry, edge computing is being used to improve a wide range of operations, including inventory management, customer service, and supply chain management as well as enhancing the customer experience.
These capabilities are being driven by the ability to process and analyze large amounts of data from a wide range of sources, including cameras, sensors, and other connected devices in real-time, without the need for a central data center. This allows retailers to make faster and more informed decisions and respond more quickly to changes in customer demand and other factors.
Vision AI, or computer vision, is a field of artificial intelligence that focuses on enabling computers to understand and interpret visual data from the world around them. In the retail industry, vision AI can be used to perform a variety of tasks, such as:
- Product recognition: Vision AI can be used to recognize and classify products in a retail store or online store. This can be useful for inventory management, pricing, and personalized product recommendations.
- Customer tracking: Vision AI can be used to track customer movement and behavior in a retail store, providing insights on popular products and areas of the store that attract the most attention.
- Fraud detection: Vision AI can be used to detect fraudulent activity, such as the use of fake coupons or stolen credit cards, in real-time.
- Self-checkout: Vision AI can be used to enable self-checkout kiosks in retail stores, allowing customers to scan and pay for their own products without the need for a cashier.
- Supply chain optimization: Vision AI can be used to improve efficiency in the retail supply chain by automating tasks such as sorting and organizing products in warehouses.
NodeWeaver’s edge cloud platform is the ideal system for delivering these capabilities at the store level.
It simplifies the deployment, management, and orchestration of infrastructure and applications at the distributed edge. NodeWeaver enables the deployment of resilient and scalable compute clusters capable of running any workload (VMs, containers, K8s, realtime) reliably and efficiently, and delivers a cloud-native experience, with reliable and scalable compute and storage for applications.
Acromove is one of the most innovative hardware companies in the world and the manufacturers of the ServerPack, which is a complete portable datacenter that is the size of a standard piece of luggage. Combining their ServerPack hardware with NodeWeaver results in a product they call AcroCloud, which is being deployed with Carrefour in Greece.